Attributed to La Compagnie des Cristalleries de Saint Louis (1767 - )


Alternate Text
  • Alternate Text
  • Alternate Text
  • Alternate Text

Attributed to La Compagnie des Cristalleries de Saint Louis (1767 - )

An Unusual Pair Of Gilt-Bronze Mounted Lithyalin Green Glass Vases

FRANCE, Circa 1890

REF No. B65660

dimensions

Height :39 cm | 15³/₈ in
Diameter :17 cm | 6³/₄ in

description

An Unusual Pair Of Gilt-Bronze Mounted Lithyalin Green Glass Vases, Attributed to La Compagnie des Cristalleries de Saint Louis.

Developed by the Bohemian chemist Friedrich Egermann (1777-1864) in 1828, Lithyalin glass is an opaque or translucent marbled glass with a surface resembling polished hardstones. Egermann patented this complex process which involved the introduction of dyes into molten glass in 1829. Following the expiration of the patent, similar pieces were made in France, Bohemia, and Russia.

maker

La Compagnie des Cristalleries de Saint Louis was founded in 1767 in Saint-Louis-lès-Bitche in Lorraine. It is the oldest glass manufacturer in France with roots dating back to 1586 and the first crystal glass manufacturer in continental Europe.

La Compagnie des Cristalleries de Saint Louis

An Unusual Pair Of Gilt-Bronze Mounted Lithyalin Green Glass Vases







Tel +44 (0)20 7495 2324